Along with sound theoretical knowledge a through knowledge-how of practical problems encountered in the real world. The department has advanced labs equipped with most modern machineries and instruments that are required to up bring a sound engineer.
The department has well-equipped laboratories namely electrical machine lab, electrical measurement lab, electrical work shop, air-conditioned computer lab, microprocessor lab, control system lab, power system lab, power electronics lab and basic electrical lab etc. as per requirement of the university syllabus. The special feature of the labs being equipped with :-
- Advanced Power Converters like Matrix Converter
- Intelligent Module based advanced electrical drives
- Power Quality Analyzer, Four channel DSO
- Robotic system for industrial process simulation.
- PLC system
- Digital power line supervisor
- Data logger
- Industrial process fault finding trainer(imported from FEEDBACK, UK )
- MATLAB,visual simulation
- Energy auditor.
The Department is well equipped with a number of PCs and workstations hosting several software packages, and linked through a local area network. Internet services are available to all students and faculty.
The Department has over 10 well equipped laboratories and operates its own library, offering facilities in all areas of Electrical Engineering.